Free School Meals
Is my child eligible for free school meals?
If you are in receipt of any of the below benefits, please do apply for free school meals, as this will generate additional funding for your child's school.
- income support
- income-based job seeker's allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- the guarantee element of state pension credit
- support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- child tax credit (but not working tax credit) and have an annual income of less than £16,190
- working tax credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
How to apply?
It couldn’t be easier. Just make contact with the school office and speak in confidence with one of the office team.
You will need to have the following information to hand.
- National insurance number
- Date of birth
There are no forms for you to fill in; the office team will do this for you.
How long will my child get free school meals?
If entitled your child will get free school meals until March 2022, regardless of any changes to you or your partner's income.
After March 2022, existing children who no longer meet the eligibility criteria at that point will continue to receive free school meals until the end of their current phase of education, i.e. primary or secondary.
Free School Meal Contact
For more information on Free school meals, please contact:
The School Office